At MERIT Telecoms, we are embodied with the true spirit of corporate social responsibility, and we are committed to the highest standards of corporate ethos. Our culture and values are rooted in service, integrity, and taking personal responsibility for our actions, outcomes, and reputation. As a leading and reliable organization, we give equal and diversified employment opportunities to our people and make an impact in the communities in which we live and work.
MERIT’s Corporate Social Responsibility Is Built Upon Four Critical Areas:
- Ethics – MERIT is committed to doing the right thing, conducting ourselves in a legal, ethical, and trustworthy manner, upholding our regulatory obligations, and complying with both the letter and spirit of our business policies.
- Environment – MERIT recognizes a shared responsibility to protect our planet. We reduce the environmental impact of our business through preservation, conservation, and waste reduction practices.
- Employees & Communities – Our employees are the most valuable asset we invest in. We take seriously our responsibilities to protect, support and prepare our workforce for successful careers. Our efforts are focused on providing career opportunities, training, and development to further develop their skills and capabilities; and leading by example in areas such as workplace safety, health, and wellness, diversity, and inclusion for continuous delivery of innovative and high-value solutions.
We believe in opportunity for all and are steadfast in our commitment to equal employment opportunity, the protection of human rights, and the prevention of human trafficking.
- Engagement & Economic Empowerment – MERIT understands that it takes all of us working together to truly have an impact. As such, we partner with organizations in the communities where we live and work to improve lives and society as a whole – by engaging in activities such as community service, philanthropy, and support for small, minority, women, and disadvantaged businesses.
Central To Our Corporate Social Responsibility Strategy Is A Set Of Core Policies That Outline Our Approach And Guide Our Activities.
Code of Business Conduct Policy – MERIT’s Code of Conduct provides mechanisms to prevent dishonest or unethical conduct and fosters a culture of honesty, integrity, diligence, and accountability. This policy outlines the responsibilities of our employees to conduct themselves in a legal and ethical way.
We treat our employees with dignity and respect and follow all applicable laws and legislation related to labor and human rights. Below are examples of initiatives we have in place:
- Equal Employment Opportunity – It is our policy to protect the employment rights of qualified applicants and employees regardless of an individual’s race, colour, sex, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, and/or other protected categories under applicable laws.
- Disability-Inclusive – It is our policy to comply with all applicable laws concerning the employment of persons with disabilities. Consistent with that commitment, it is MERIT’s policy not to discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to application procedures, hiring, advancement, discharge, compensation, training, or other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment.
- Anti-Harassment – MERIT is committed to maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment. As such, MERIT will not tolerate harassment of, or by, its employees.
We are individually and collectively accountable for upholding our corporate social responsibility commitments. We encourage participation across our organization, and we will work with our partners to continually advocate on behalf of our workforce, improve our workplaces, contribute to the communities we serve, and ensure our actions are socially, ethically, and environmentally responsible.
In cases of potential unethical conduct, individuals are encouraged to contact our Ethics and Compliance Committee at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, all communication will be treated with topmost confidentiality.
Other Related Policies